A film by Bastian Günther
In co-production with SWR und HR.
In collaboration with Cinepostproduction.
With backing from FFA, DFFF, BKM, Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg.
Screenplay supported by Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg
German Distributor: Farbfilm Verleih
In German theaters from December 5, 2013
World Sales: HanWay Films
DVD release in Germany: June 20, 2014!
Clemens Trunschka is a corporate headhunter and an alcoholic. Drinking increasingly isolates him from his life and leads him away from reality. On the hunt for a top CEO in Houston, Texas, his addiction takes him on a haunting journey into his own darkness.
Writer I Director: Bastian Günther
Producers: Martin Heisler I Joachim Ortmanns
Commissioning Editors: Stefanie Groß (SWR) I Jörg Himstedt (HR)
Producer USA: Anne Walker-McBay I Texas Avenue Films
DoP: Michael Kotschi
Editor: Anne Fabini
Music: Michael Rother I Neu!
Sundance Film Festival 2013 I World Dramatic Competition
FESTIVALS I AWARDS 2013
• Dallas International Film Festival, Texas USA
• RiverRun International Film Festival, North Carolina USA
• Independent Film Festival Boston, Massachusetts USA
★ awarded with the Special Jury Prize
• H-Town Multicultural Film Festival, Houston, Texas USA
• Shanghai International Film Festival, China
• Marfa Film Festival, Texas USA
• Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, Czech Republic
• Motovun Film Festival Zagreb, Croatia
• Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival, Brazil
• Zurich Film Festival, Switzerland
• Internationale Hofer Filmtage, Germany
★ awarded with the "Förderpreis neues deutsches Kino" I New German Cinema Award
★ awarded with the Millbrook Screenwriting Award
• Biberacher Filmfestspiele, Germany
• Kinofest Lünen, Germany
• Panorama Alemão, Brazil
• 17th German Film Festival, Goethe Institute Singapore
• Kinofest Lünen, Germany
• German Films Festival Moscow & Novosibirsk, Russia
• 6th Bengaluru International Film Festival, India
✩ Nominated for the Texas Independent Film Award, USA
FESTIVALS I AWARDS 2014
✩ nominated for the German Film Awards 2014 for Best Editing
✩ nominated for the German Film Critic's Award for best feature film
★ awarded with the German Film Critic's Award for best editor
✩ nominated for the German Cinematographer's Awards
• Hollywood Reel Independent Film Festival, USA
• Fantasporto - 34th Porto Int. Film Festival, Portugal
★ best actor award for Garret Dillahunt
• 13th AUDI Festival of German Films, Australia
• Festival Filmplus, Forum für Filmschnitt und Montagekunst, Cologne
✩ nominated for best editing
• Film- und Medienkongress Cologne "Made in NRW"