a film by Barbara Ott
in co-production with ZDF Das kleine Fernsehspiel, Storming Donkey Productions,
in collaboration with TBA - The Beauty Aside.
Funded by BKM, Film- und Medienstiftung NRW and DFFF.
Screenplay nominated for the Thomas-Strittmatter-Preis 2017
German distrubution: Farbfilm Verleih
World Sales: The Yellow Affair
IN GERMAN CINEMAS FROM NOVEMBER 26, 2020!
Kids Run tells the story of a former boxer Andi Jovanovic – a formidably strong character being tested to the core as he attempts to keep custody of his three children and provide for them while struggling as a day labourer. Threatened with eviction, Andi turns to his ex-girlfriend Sonja – the mother of his youngest child Fiou and the true love of his life. But after Andi loses his job, Sonja insists he must return the money, or she will stop him seeing Fiou. Andi hopes his problems will be solved if he can win an amateur boxing competition with a monetary prize to pay off the debt and prove himself worthy of reconciliation with Sonja and Fiou.
Writer I Director: Barbara Ott
Producers: Gabriele Simon I Martin Heisler
Co-Producers: Stefanie Plattner I Ekrem Ergün
Co-Producers: Isa Prahl I Niklas Hlawatsch
Commissioning Editor: Burkhard Althoff
Cinematographer: Falko Lachmund
Editor: Gregory Schuchmann
WORD PREMIERE 2020
70. Berlinale - Perspektive deutsches Kino (opening film)
⭐︎ nominated for the "GWFF Best Debut Film"
FESTIVALS I PREISE 2020
★ awarded as BEST ENSEMBLE at the "Deutscher Schauspielerpreis"
• Filmmuseum Potsdam, Spotlight Berlinale, Germany
• Manchester Film Festival, UK
• Sydney Film Festival - Europe! Voices of Women in Film, Australia
• New Zealand International Film Festival
• Giffoni Film Festival, Italy
• Molodist Kyiv International Film Festival, Ukraine
• Carl International Film Festival, Sweden
• Fünf-Seen-Festival, Starnberg, Germany
• Filmfestival Cologne, Germany
• Warsaw International Film Festival, Poland
• Braunschweig International Film Festival, Germany
• Filmz Festival of German films, Mainz, Germany